Sunday, July 29, 2012

You Won't Believe This..........

So.... my cervix started to dilate earlier and I was in a lot of pain.

Patrick got me a hot water bottle and I was snuggled up on the couch with my pillow and hot water bottle, when the hot water bottle burst.

I got absolutely roasted. The skin on my right elbow and forearm just like melted, it looks like melted plastic, and all down my stomach, back and my upper right leg is covered in blisters.

I had to go to A&E by ambulance, the pain was so bad the paramedic had to give me some gas to take the edge off of it on the way to the hospital.

Initially they covered the burns in a water gel which they left on for 30 minutes, they then removed that and covered them in a gauze. I have to go back tomorrow morning to have the dressings changed and to have the extent of the burns properly assessed, but for not it looks like 3rd degree burns on my right arm and upper leg, and 2nd degree burns on my stomach, side and back.

Honestly... I feel like a puppet on a string, and I'm sure if I wasn't so doped up on painkillers I would definitely be questionning why all of this is happening to me, but for now.... I'm just home and am going to try and find some way of getting relatively comfortable for the night.

No comments:

Post a Comment