Sunday, July 15, 2012

Day 15... So Far So Good

Day 15 and I started the next two medications yesterday, Medrone and Oxytatracycline. Am feeling ok on them, not having many undesirable effects... just mainly tiredness, some mild headaches and some abdominal pain. I havent been sleeping very well and when I do sleep... I seem to have the weirdest dreams.

I added a chat client to this blog yesterday, as was suggested by one of my regular readers.... if anyone has any questions or comments, please feel free to use the chat box on the right of the page.

I can't believe it is just 36 hours til we go through with this transfer... in some ways it has been the longest 2 weeks of my life..... in others, it has come around much faster than I expected.

Its funny... coz even though I have been through this three times before... I am still finding myself searching the internet for ways to make this transfer easier, trying to find a way to make it hurt less, trying to find a way to reassure myself that it will hurt... but it will be ok... even though I have done it three times before and while it hurt like crazy... I did survive and I did get through it.

I am hoping to bring my iPod into the operating theatre with me this time (pending Clinic's policy on this), I have downloaded the same music that Gordon plays during acupuncture sessions and I think that if I can lay on the operating table, close my eyes and listen to that music... somehow I can distance myself from what is actually going on in my nether regions.

One of the girls at work was asking me about the procedure on Friday and I told her to imagine stuffing a turkey for Christmas.... except, instead of opening the turkey and stuffing it with a spoon... you use a car-jack to open it and a shovel to stuff it. While that conjured up some pretty funny images in her head... In my mind... in it a fairly good description  of what takes place.


I really hope nobody who reads this is having turkey for dinner on Tuesday...........

No comments:

Post a Comment