Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Day 17..... Miracles Do Happen :-)

What an amazing day.

It started off pretty bad actually............ The clinic didn't have the right contact mumbers for either of us so I ened up having to call them at about 10:10... only to be told that one of the embryos had died and time will tell on the other one. I was pretty distraught at this.... it just seemed that in a split-second...... our chances of success had just been halved.

We went to see Gordon before the transfer and I really wasnt in a good place. He asked me to lay on the table as he felt I would benefit from some specific points. So... I stood up and what happened.....??? Yep... I twisted my ankle and fell over...... it just got worse and worse...!!!

Gordon used a lot of needles and used some pretty strong points. He also played a hypnosis track in the background and he left the room.... within a few minutes, all of my worries had melted away and I truly was just floating. He came back into the room after about 20 minutes and asked how I was... I think I told him to go away.... I was just so relaxed. He left me alone for about 10 more minutes.

When he came back in I asked him what that hypnosis track was as I wanted to see if I could download it and use it during the transfer...... Gordon picked up his iPod, handed it to me and told me to take it with me.

When we got to the clinic, we just had a few minutes to wait and then we were called to the theatre. We got all gowned up and were asked to wait in one of the recovery rooms, where we got the consents signed and the embriologist came to speak to us. She told us that we would be transferring 2 embryos.... we must have looked at her like she had 2 heads or something... so she explained to us that the embryo that initially hadnt survived, suddenly just sprung to life and while it is not as good quality as the other one, it is definitely viable and would definitely be worth transferring.

As soon as we heard this... we were on cloud 9, it was the exact boost of hope that we needed. We went into the theatre and I lay on the table, switched on Gordon's iPod and let myself float away. Patrick told me afterwards that the Dr. was talking to me the whole time and asking me questions and I was just completely unaware of it. I was in such a deep state of relaxation, that while I was aware of all of the sensations, I wasnt feeling any pain. In my head, I was comfortable and safe in Gordon's clinic and I truly was just floating. It was such a difference experience to the previous three transfers, where I was struggling and crying because it was just hurting so much, It was actually the most beautiful experience and it was over before I knew it.

We went back to Gordon's clinic afterwards and I was still just floating... so much that as soon as he put the needles in and left the room..... I fell asleep...!!!

We got home about 4pm and I fell asleep again for another hour.

I'm feeling a little discomfort but nothing compared to the usual pain and soreness I feel after transfer. I'm gona stay on bedrest for a day or two and give these two little embryos the best chance ever.

It has been an amazing day, a miraculous day... lets hope the miraculous continues to happen.xx.

No comments:

Post a Comment