Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Day 11..... Scan...... More Hormones... and Transfer Date

Day 11 and I had to increase the hormone doses again.... not finding it too difficult though, feeling much better than I did on the last increase. I am feeling tired, really tired but I find that I'm not sleeping very well, seem to be tossing and turning a lot at night. I wonder if this might be down to having to take the hormones when I'm going to bed so I must enquire as to whether it matters if I take them a bit earlier.

I went for scan today... a very difficult scan, unusually... the nurse located my left ovary with no problems but had serious difficulty finding my right ovary... she actually had to put her hand on my stomach and almost under my hip bone to guide the probe in further..... yeah... not very pleasant at all.... and extremely painful. I lay there with my eyes closed picturing myself in my most relaxed state at Gordon's clinic, trying to block out the pain... and suddenly I realised what I was doing.... I was sub-consciously rubbing the third knuckle on my right hand..... the exact point that Gordon had used as an anchor point during Monday's session.

My womb lining has reached adequate thickness so it looks good for going ahead with the transfer and they have scheduled for next Tuesday.

I went to see Gordon after my scan and had a lovely relaxing session with him. Weirdest thing though..... he used a point today on my right wrist... like near the base of my thumb. He has used this point once before and the exact same thing happened. When he inserted the needle... I felt the needle going in to the knuckle of my right index finger and not in the point where he actually put it.... He did explain it to me... something to do with movement of energy.... I dont fully remember what it was, but I will ask him when I see him next.

The next time I see Gordon it will be in direct preparation for the transfer. I will see him on Monday evening, then I will see him on Tuesday morning directly before the transfer and on Tuesday afternoon directly after the transfer... and if he is not completely sick of the sight of me by then... hopefully I will get a few sessions in during my two week wait.... so we can give these little ones the best possible chance of survival.

I'm feeling quite sore this evening from today's scan but my emotions have completely settled down in relation to this transfer. Gordon asked me today if I was feeling any anxiousness about it and I quite honestly told him that I wasnt. He told me he was really proud of how far I had come and he said that there had been a few times in the past 2 weeks when he wasnt so sure that I would get to this point this time... and to be honest... neither was I...!!!

All is good now though and my emotions are in the right place... apart from dreading Round 4 of Me Vs The Speculum... I'm really feeling very positive about it all.

No comments:

Post a Comment