Saturday, April 30, 2011

Day 16 .......... Day 17 .......... Its Not a Chicken...!!!

Yesterday was Day 16 but unfortunately my internet connection wouldnt stay connected long enough for me to post here.

I've had a crazy couple of days at work in preparation for the time I will take off after Implantation on Tuesday.

I started two new medications today, one of which is making me feel very strange and I keep getting really bad cramps.

I'm still having crazy cravings for fish, but I am prepared and have stocked up on smoked salmon...just in case...!!!

I am thinking that I will go into work for a bit on Tuesday Morning because i think if I stay at home..... I will be climbing the walls waiting for 10:30 to come so that I can call the Clinic and find out whether the embryo has survived the thawing process.
The Embyologist explained to us that  the embryo is like a sponge, when it is cyropreserved (frozen), it shrinks up, so when it is thawed it is supposed to spring back up, but sometimes it will collapse and then it will die.

So here's hoping all goes well with the thawing process.......which I keep calling 'defrosting' and keep being reminded that it is an embryo, not a chicken...!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment