Sunday, September 19, 2010

Day 2: The First Injection

Menstruation Day 1 happened on Tuesday 14th of September, meaning that we would start the FSH injections the following day.

When i woke up the following morning, bleeding had all but stopped so I called the Clinic to check if we should still go ahead with the injections. They said we should go ahead with them.

6 o'clock arrived and found Patrick and I attempting to mix the hormones, eventually we managed to mix them as best we could and prepare the syringe.

The time had come, my hand was shaking as I cleaned the injection site with an alcohol swab.

I brought the needle tip to my skin and as soon as it pierced the skin, I freaked out and pulled the needle out.

Eventually, Patrick had to give me the first injection, I just couldn't do it myself.  It was over very quickly, but left a nice little bruise.

I was fine after the injection, well for about 45 minutes anyway.

I was mid-conversation with my brother on the phone, when my head started to feel really weird, kinda fuzzy and my eyes were having trouble trying to focus.

I just needed to lay down for a bit, but was fine after about an hour.

No comments:

Post a Comment