Monday, September 27, 2010

Day 14: Things Are Looking Up

Day 14 and it was good news at the Clinic.

The scan was very difficult and I am left with a feeling of internal bruising, which isn't very pleasant.

I got very little sleep last night and managed to chew off all of my beautiful gel nails coz I was so aggitated, I was convinced there would be something wrong when we got to the Clinic this morning.

But I was wrong............!!!!!

My right ovary is doing wonderfully, follicles are growing and they look great.

The left one still has a long way to go, but between the two of them, the nurse was able to count more than 30 maturing follicles. Which is exactly what we want.

We must continue with the increased dose of hormones for the next few days and have to return to the Clinic on Wednesday for another internal scan, at that point they will decide whether to do the egg-collection procedure on Friday or wait til Saturday to do it.

The nurse told me I would have to drink between 3 and 4 litres of water a day between now and egg collection time.

She was quite concerned with the way I was breathing while she was doing the scan, she felt I was breathing too fast and that could cause me to faint (well, she was hurting me.....that's how I breathe when I'm being hurt!).

Oh and her final piece of advise today..................'please abstain from love-making between now and egg-collection time, as potentially you could produce more than 30 eggs and if some of those get released prematurely and mix with sperm, they could fertilise'

Wouldn't that just be our luck.......!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment