Monday, May 2, 2011

Day 19 ..........It's Only A Day A-Way ..........

Day 19 and we're almost there.

I've tried not to really think about it all day, but I am beginning to find it difficult to ignore the butterflies that are dancing treble jigs in my tummy...!!!

I've been in kinda crappy form all day and have been feeling a lot of pressure in my lower abdomen.

Gosh, its hard to believe that the time is almost here, although it really shouldnt be hard to believe as I have received 16 messages today saying " One More Sleep", Those made me smile.

So.. I had a bit of a panic this morning when I realised that Patrick wont be able to drive me home from the Clinic tomorrow because of his broken foot, and I wont be able to drive after the Transfer. I was getting myself into a state about it, until Patrick reminded me of the many many friends I have (sometimes I do forget...!!!), and in the end my brother Liam said that he would be able to move some classes around and he would bring us to Cork and then bring us home again afterwards.
I had suggested that maybe we should just book into a hotel for tomorrow night, forgetting of course that Patrick is going back to the hospital about his ankle early on Wednesday morning.

I suppose...up til a few hours ago, I hadn't really considered the possibility of our blastocyst not surviving the thawing process, but now I am absolutely dreading making that phone call tomorrow morning.
I suppose I just feel like there must be something we can do to increase the chances...but in reality...there is absolutely nothing we can do that is going to make any difference to the outcome of tomorrow's thawing process.

I was thinking I would get an early night tonight, but I think there is little chance of me getting much sleep.

Regardless of what happens tomorrow, Patrick and I want to express our heart-felt gratitude and appreciation for all the support we have received to date. All the messages of support we have received from people we haven't seen in years, and the thousands of messages we receive from strangers all over the world, but most of all to our families and our many fantastic friends who have supported us no end throughout our journey to date.............and also...apologies to anyone I may have upset or offended over the past few weeks..........it wasn't intentional....it was the hormones...!!!

Thank you all so much.xx.

No comments:

Post a Comment