Friday, October 1, 2010

Day 18: Pre-Op

Day 18 and I'm feeling really really good all day today.

Its made a huge difference not having to take the FSH injection last night. I haven't been feeling really hormonal and emotional all day.

I've had a very productive day workwise, trying to keep my mind off of how anxious I am about tomorrow morning.

I know everything will be fine, but I suppose its kinda natural to be nervous and anxious before any kind of procedure.

So, we have to be at the clinic for 8:30 in the morning, operation at 9 sharp.

They gave me a sleeping tablet to take at 8 in the morning, to help me relax on the way to the clinic. Then I will be put to sleep and the whole thing should last only about an hour, and then of course however length of time it takes for me to wake up after.

So then they will be able to tell us exactly how many eggs they got and what the quality is like, and also what the sperm quality is like.

If everything is ok, they will go ahead and prepare the sperm and select the best ones and inject one into each egg.

Thats the difference between ICSI and IVF...........in IVF the egg and sperm are allowed to fuse naturally in a petri dish, in ICSI the sperm is injected into the egg.

I'll be getting an early night tonight, although probably won't sleep much.

and fingers crossed for tomorrow.................

No comments:

Post a Comment