Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Good News at the Clinic

Just back from the Clinic, and yes...things are starting to look better.

The fluid is almost gone and my ovaries, although still rather big, are half the size of what they were.

I am still having pain and am assured that this will stop in the next week or so, as soon as all the swelling is gone and the ovaries have completely returned to a normal size.

I am noticing bruises on my arms and legs and one very sore bruise on my right elbow, knowing that I havent been up and about to injure myself..........and I'm fairly certain Patrick is not beating me up in my sleep. I assume this is connected to the blood thinning injections I am taking daily, making me bruise much more easily.

So...the Clinic are hoping to implant in January, however they will scan regularly between now and then, just to make sure everything is ok.

I still find myself having food cravings (Hormones...!!!), my newest and most recent craving is chocolate covered biscuits with Natural Confectionary Company Jellies.

The Hormones also seem to be affecting my eyesight as I have been finding it quite difficult to focus on writing that is further than 3 metres away. I'm a little reluctant to go and get my perscription changed as I think it might return to normal once the hormones settle down.

So. for now, I'm on bedrest for another few days anyway (I'm kinda itching to get back to work), still on painkillers and daily Innohep injections. I finished all of the antibiotics yesterday, so hopefully its all good news from here...

No comments:

Post a Comment