Thursday, October 28, 2010

Back to Hospital

So, after a fairly good weekend, I got out a good bit and was a lot more comfortable moving around......Monday evening came along, accompanied by a lot of abdominal swelling, unbelievable pain and nausea.
I felt like my stomach was going to burst.

We made a trip into the CareDoc who gave me a morphine injection to help with the pain and a stemitol injection to help with the nausea. He gave me a referral letter and told us to get to the Hospital in Cork as quickly as possible.

We got to the Hospital after about 90 minutes and we were seen after about 30 mins in the waiting room. They took some bloods and a urine sample (which showed some very clear bright red blood). They also did both internal and external scans, which showed the swelling in the right ovary.

They admitted me straight away and hooked me up to some IV antibiotics and fluids.

The did a urine test the following morning, which again showed a significant content of blood. They also did another internal scan which showed an increased development of Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome.

The urine tests showed an infection in the kidneys and bladder, which was to escalate to the point where my bladder just stopped working and I was unable to pass any urine.

This resulted in them having to insert a catherer, seriously there is a reason that things are NOT supposed to go up the urethra..........not a very nice experience at all...!!!

They removed the catherer this morning, which was as painful as when they inserted it, but I was super glad to have it taken out.

There also appears to be traces of infection in my bowels, which has caused some significant constipation, adding to my discomfort,

Dr. Waterstone decided it would be ok for me to come home, so long as I agreed to 14 days of bedrest, along with lots of antibiotics and pain medication.

So, I'm home now, taking it easy in front of the fire. I am in a considerable amount of pain and have a lot of soreness, but at least my bladder has started working again...!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment