Thursday, October 20, 2011

Home Two Weeks...Yes, It's Only Been Two Weeks...!!!

I'm home just over 2 weeks now and am still having unreal pain. My tube has started contracting this evening, which has just been excrutiating. The Dr. told me this would happen once the embryos were completely dead as both the womb and the tube have to expel their contents...just the tube has to contract a lot more than the womb and it is so so painful. Unfortunately....I am informed that this pain can last for any length from 6 weeks to 3 months...!!!

I had a really good morning today, met a friend for coffee (or three) and a chat, called into work for a bit and then went to the supermarket...and that's when the pain started. (I think I'm going to have to stop going shopping...I seem to end up in pain everytime I go now...!!!). I ended up having to get some morphine and that just knocked me out...I slept for a few hours and the pain started again not long after I woke up.

I made the decision yesterday to go and get my hair cut, It was in such bad condition from the Methotrexate and all the other drugs, it was breaking off and starting to fall out, so I figured it was best to just get it all cut up. It absolutely killed me to do it...I just cried the whole time my hair was being cut...and then seeing all of my once beautiful hair on the floor...it was just terrible.

Everyone is telling me my hair is nice this way and I have to admit that it looks much healthier as all the bad hair is gone. I think it was just the defining moment for me...having to have all my hair cut up just compounded how badly all of this has gone wrong!

When I called into work I got loads of hugs and kisses from the children....one of whom asked if I was all better now...to which I responded that I was nearly all better....the response I got...
"But we made you a magic card to make you all better...did it not work?"  (Heart-breaking stuff...!!!)

I am now a firm believer of 'what goes around, comes around'. Me, as a person...I hate to see anyone upset or having a hard  time and it is in my nature to want to help and make everything ok. The amount of calls, messages and emails that I have received from people reminding me of how they have never forgotten that I was there for them in their time of need, telling me not to hesitiate to pick up the phone if I need anything.

I really do appreciate it because I am finally at a stage where I can actually admit that I do need help (yeah, yeah I know...finally...!!!). I am simply not able to do everything right now and most of all...I am finally able to ask for help. But the most amazing part for me is that people actually want to help...I know everyone says that they want to help...but this time...people actually do want to.

Patrick and I are starting to realise that for everything we dont have...we really do have a lot, and even though our bank balance isnt too healthy after a year of IVF treatment, we are rich with friends, real friends and most of all...we have eachother...even though there are times we could kill eachother...this whole thing has brought us so close and we know that whatever the future may hold...we will get through it so long as we have eachother.

No comments:

Post a Comment