Saturday, October 15, 2011

Coffee, Chocolate Cake and No More Chemo...!!!


We went to the hospital to have bloods taken on Thursday morning to check the HCG levels, and I got a call from the nurse yestersay to say that my levels are down to 1.2, which is both good and bad....good because it means I won't need to have anymore chemotherapy...and bad because it means that my embryos are almost completely dead, and as soon as they are dead...I will start to lose them...which means more pain and bleeding as both my womb and my left fallopian tube begin to contract in order to expel the contents.

I feel like this is beginning to start already as I am starting to have some cramps this evening.

I had a really nice day today...my friend Rachel came to pick me up and brought me to town for a bit, initially I really did not want to go, as I absolutely hated the thought of going out and being around people and meeting people and having to talk to them, but it turned out to be a good thing. The more walking around I did, the less it was hurting me to move around, we went for coffee and cake, chocolate of course, and we did some shopping. I did meet some people that I know and although my concern was having to talk to people and not wanting to...it turned out to be a lot more uncomfortable for the people that I met, as they just did not know what to say, yet they wanted to say something.

The last thing I want to do is make people feel uncomfortable around me, I know everyone wants to help and people genuinely do not know what to say, but don't worry...because the 'right words' do not exist, but I really do appreciate the effort and the sentiment.

Today is International Pregnancy and Infant Loss Support and Awareness Day and people all over the world are lighting candles to contribute to the World Wide Wave of Light between 7pm and 8pm to show their support. Lots of people have sent me pictures of their lighted candles along with messages that they are thinking of us at this time, and even though it is heartbreaking for me, it has made me smile everytime.

We genuinely feel that people all over the world, but mostly our friends here are really and truly sharing this experience with us. From Patrick's sister-in-law who came to see me in the hospital on the day we found out that the babies were both going to die and couldnt talk because she was so upset for us, to my friend Mary who came to visit me, armed with a big box of chocolates because she just didnt know what to say (apart from telling me that there was a fire at work and the place was surrounded with fire-brigades and police cars...!!!) you have a strange sense of humour, but you made me smile...........to my friend Rachel, who is the best in the world, she is there for me no matter what I need, to laugh, to cry, to talk, to scream, to rant...whatever it is...I know she is there to help me through it....to all the girls at work who sent me flowers and lovely messages and are keeping the place standing and running in my absence (I know its hard without me, girls, but ye are doing a great job...!!!) To Paul and Hilary, who sent me flowers all the way from the UK...to my friends in America and the UK who have called and text and sent lovely emails, and even though they dont know anything other than 'Anne-Marie has a sore tummy'...to all the children at Bright Beginnings who made me the most beautiful cards...which I will treasure for ever, along with the memory of my bed in the hospital being covered in glitter from the cards. I wish I could name everyone who has sent us messages and thoughts throughout this whole experience which can only be described as a bizzare series of events, and to those of you who continue to be there for us no matter what...

Thank you all so much, we will never forget the level of support we have received and how each and every one of you has helped us at this time. Lots of Love to you all.xx.

No comments:

Post a Comment