Monday, May 23, 2011

The Health System in this Country...!!!

I started bleeding again last night, so we left for the hospital and arrived there at around midnight.

We had to wait in the maternity visiting room for a bit, while we were waiting for the Dr to arrive.
So, after about 15 minutes some guy comes in with a packet of cigarettes in his hand 'Mind if I smoke?'

eh........this is a maternity ward and I am pregnant, of course I bloody mind if you smoke...!!!

I got up and let the room and after a few minutes of waiting in the corridor, one of the nurses came and called me.

The bleeding had settled down a bit by this stage, but they decided to keep me in anyway just to be safe.

So, I was put into a ward with two mad oul biddies who kept shouting out in their sleep...!!!

This morning the Dr.s came around and said that they should have the results back by around 2pm.
I honestly thought 2pm was never going to come around, but it did and it passed.

I called Patrick and told him to come down, that we should have the results in the next few minutes.

Patrick arrived around 3pm and still no sign of the results. We waited for about 45 minutes and then a nurse came in to tell us that they have the blood results from Sunday but were still waiting for the results from Friday to compare them and see what the progression was.
I asked her what the HCG (pregnancy hormone) levels on Sunday were and she told me they were 101.7, which is a bit lower than average but is still within the normal range for the time frame. She told me that it would be about another 30 minutes before they would have Friday's results.

That was about all I could take, I broke down and cried, I just couldnt handle any more waiting and not knowing...!!!

About 50 minutes later, another nurse came in and said that the Dr. wanted to do another scan.

While I was on the scanning table, with the probe shoved up my you-know-what, another nurse broke the news to us that they had not been able to locate the results from Friday. She said she had been on the phone to the lab in Waterford and they had no record of them, she then said that she called the lab in the Hospital in Clonmel and they were unable to locate them.

So basically right now, we dont have a bloody clue what is going on...!!!

The nurse then told us that I would have to come back tomorrow to have more bloods taken, which would then be sent away and we would have the results on Wednesday evening which they would compare with the results of the bloods from Sunday to see what the progression is like!

NO BLOODY WAY...!!!

I told her that I will go to Cork in the morning and they will take the bloods and have the results back for me within an hour.

I am so drained and fed up right now, it is the hardest thing in the world not knowing whether my baby is growing inside me or not, I'm really not sure how much more of this I can take...

No comments:

Post a Comment