Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Decisions, Decisions.......

Isn't it funny how we can have our minds so firmly made up and in a split second, everything can change. This time last week, I was adamant that I would not be going back for more fertility treatment, I swore that I would never go through taking all of those drugs and hormones again, that I would never put myself through the pain of a transfer again, not to mention the emotional rollercoaster that begins every time one sets foot in the fertility clinic.

But now... Just 5 days later... I have scheduled all of the scans and appointments for another transfer... I am going to put myself through all of that again, the process and the risks remain the same, and even though I swore that I would never do it again... faced with the results that we got last Friday and everything those results mean... we do what we have to.

We both absolutely hate the thought of going through this again, this is primarily based on our past experiences and knowing what all of those drugs and hormones have done to me in the past, but I suppose the ray of hope comes in the knowledge that my system is clear now and while all the cysts have contributed to miscarriages in the past... those are all gone now and we are assured that my chances of being able to carry to full term have improved dramatically.

So, Ive booked the pre scan for the 27th of June with the hope of transferring on the 3rd or 4th of July.... then its the dreaded two week wait, then test day............. and then, the scariest 4 weeks of my life.

We went to see our GP yesterday and had lots of blood tests done so we should have the results back next Tuesday and hopefully that will shed some light on the rapid rise in IgG levels.

No comments:

Post a Comment