Friday, June 15, 2012

Acupuncture-versary ;-)


On the 15th of June last year, I set foot in Gordon's Clinic for the first time ever. I had just miscarried from the first transfer and was in a pretty bad place within myself. When I first walked into the Clinic, Gordon asked me to wait in his waiting room... I went in there, saw all the pictures on the wall of all the babies that had come into the world after their mothers had attended Gordon's Clinic.
I walked straight out of the waiting room and waited in the lobby, I was in such a bad place within myself that I just could not bear to even look at those pictures.

Gordon and I sat and talked for more than 2 hours that day, and instantly I knew that this was someone who I could trust, I knew that he genuinely wanted to help and he truly believed that he could. From that very first appointment, he told me that I could definitely get pregnant and would be able to carry to full term, and every time that it has gone wrong in the past year... I have asked him if he feels the same way or have his thoughts changed in any way.... his response is always that there is no doubt in his mind that I can go to full term...... and when things have felt really bad and I have been at my lowest points over the past year... hearing that from Gordon has always been enough to pick me up a bit and renew my hope.

I left Gordon's Clinic that day with a sense of hope, something I had not had in a long time. I walked out of the treatment room and straight into the waiting room. I was able to look at the pictures then, accompanied by the knowledge that every baby in that frame had been born to a woman who has been on a journey similar to mine, it was at that point that I knew that someday there will be a picture of my baby in that frame and I still believe that.

I have attended Gordon's Clinic regularly for the past year, but the appointments will become more frequent now as we prepare for the next transfer. He told me this week that we need to give these embryos the best possible chance that we can, so that is what we are going to do. I truly believe that this transfer will be the one that works, but there is part of me that is absolutely terrified that the past will repeat itself. Added to that, the pressure of the knowledge that the results of this transfer will have a huge impact on Patrick... it is not going to be easy.

So..... I dont ask for much... but I'm asking for thoughts and prayers and telepathetic messages and anything else that may help this transfer be 'The One'.  Please, please, please.......




No comments:

Post a Comment