Friday, June 1, 2012

20,000 Page Views

There are so many things I have in my head that I want to write about... and I will... but this post is purely about reaching the milestone that is achieving 20,000 page views.

I truly cannot believe that there are so many people reading and appreciating this blog, when I write on here... its just my words, my feeling, my thoughts and sometimes just pure ranting and I truly do forget that there are a lot of people out there reading my words and thoughts and feelings.

I remember being hugely surprised when the pageviews had reached 2,000 and at that point I couldnt believe that my words had reached out to so many people. Every day I get messages from people all over the world... sometimes even from people who live in places that I have never even heard of (geography never was my strong point). People who are suffering with infertility and people who are embarking on IVF tell me that they get so much information about what to expect from reading this blog, People who has suffered baby loss tell me that I have managed to put their exact feelings into words and it helps them so much knowing that they are not alone, but most of all... I get messages from people who have no fertility issues and have never suffered the loss of a pregnancy... mostly they stumble upon this blog by complete accident when googling something else... they tell me that reading this blog has opened their eyes up to something they were completely oblivious to, something they have always taken for granted and they tell me that it has made them more aware of what people actually go through and it has made them more sensitive and accepting of people who have been on a similar journey to mine.

This truly makes it all worth while, as while it is difficult enough to go through it all, it is even more difficult to plaster that fake smile on your face and pretend that everything is fine... for the sake of not making other people uncomfortable. I think this blog has made some people more aware and open to talking about fertility issues and baby loss and I truly hope that at some point the whole idea of it being a 'taboo' subject will no longer exist and people will no longer feel that they have to go through this pain alone.

I know there are probably times when I might be a little bit too open about talking about my experiences and everything we have been through, but it has taken me a long time to realise that just because someone asks me how I am, doesnt mean I have to respond with 'I'm fine'. I've also become an expert at knowing when some is asking 'how are you?' just to be polite and when someone genuinely wants to know the answer.


20,000 pageviews truly is an amazing and unbelievable number and I would like to thank everybody who has ever clicked onto this blog. As the pageviews increase, so does my sense of support and not being alone, so thank you so much to every single one of you and I truly hope that in the near future I will be able to write some good news on here for you all to read.


From the bottom of my heart, Thank you all so much for helping me achieve this milestone.xx.

No comments:

Post a Comment