Tuesday, December 6, 2011

A Brief Update

A comment was made to me today " Your business is your baby", and this has really got me thinking, like its thrown my mind into severe overdrive. The comment wasnt made to be nasty or cause hurt (and I'm sure the person who said it was probably regretting their choice of words as soon as they had said it), it was meant to indicate an understanding of how much work I had put into building up my business and how I would never let anything happen to it.

It has sent my mind spinning off in the direction of wondering if, once again, I am using work and my 'business' as a distraction and to compensate for other things. It does tend to be the constant in my ever-changing and ever more-challenging world.

My Grandmother passed away a week ago, and was buried last Friday. An inspirational woman who lived an inspirational life of 92 years. She didnt have an easy life and had to bear the loss of many family members including her husband and her two sons, one of whom was my Dad who died shortly after my 12th birthday.
My Grandmother always adapted a 'Just get on with it' approach to whatever life threw at her and several times over the past week, I have been told that is where I get my stubbornness from.

I went to see a General Surgeon in Clonmel today as my GP wanted to further investigate this ongoing pain that I am still experiencing. On a quick read of my file and a quick run down of what has taken place over the last year he just stopped and said "What a brave person you are, I cant imagine the mental strength that it could take to put yourself through that time and time again, you truly are a remarkable person"

I was quick to tell him that I didnt think it was brave at all, but in fact, far from the most intelligent thing I have ever done. He corrected me, telling me that even though it didnt work out as we would have liked, the courage that it takes to keep going back and doing something after consistently failing at it, is immeasurable.
So anyway...he is going to do investigative surgery in February to figure out what is going on and to fix it.

More surgery...fun... fun... fun...!!!

This is just a brief update (as the title suggests) and is so because I am just shattered tired. I am seeing Gordon tomorrow so I'm sure I will find lots to blog about after that.

.xx.

No comments:

Post a Comment