Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Pain Through Poetry...


Poetic Insanity


The obliviousness hidden behind a clear screen of opaqueness
The only light being that what is opaque is not dark, not yet.
In this state of familiarity, I will wait…
I will wait for the darkness because it will come, it always comes.

The pain will strike and not that remnant of the surgery,
Not that which can be subdued by opiates. There is no solace from this pain.
It will pounce from within, its wrath symbolising the consequence of a helpless wildebeest
encountering a ravenous lion, there will be no mercy.

The silhouette of my grief a perfect octagon, each side guarded by a perfect angel, eight perfect
angels, akin only to the Madonna and child, they had eight angels,
differing only by the fact that she
got to keep her baby……..

2 comments:

  1. Powerful words, very powerful, I can feel your pain through those words. You,nmy dear, have a gift.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dis brought tears so many tears I pray so hard that u wil get to keep ur baby one day too I promise it will happen for u stay strong beautiful one

    ReplyDelete