Thursday, November 4, 2010

4 Inch Stillettos, Hovercraft Ambulances And General Rambling...

I forgot how difficult and draining it is to do simple, everyday things when you haven't been doing them for a while.

I had to go to a work meeting this morning, wasn't ideal, but couldn't really be avoided.

I didn't sleep well last night, was very sore, but anyway I got up at 8am to get ready for the meeting. It took me about 30 minutes to get ready and I was just wiped out after that much. I had to go and lay down for half an hour before Liam came to pick me up.

Liam dropped me home afterwards and I have done absolutely nothing since. I am completely drained, so tired. I feel like I have over-exerted myself with the small amount I did today. 14 hour working days seem a distant memory now and an impossible feat...!!!

I guess I will just do a little more each day until I am back into the swing of things.

Surprisingly enough, I find wearing heels to be much more comfortable than flat shoes right now. I have figured out that this is because the pain is so low down on the right side of my abdomen, wearing flat shoes puts all my weight on my heels, which puts increased pressure on my lower abdomen, adding to the pain. Wearing heels puts most of my weight on the balls of my feet, which eases the pressure on my heels, therefore decreasing the pressure on my abdomen, making walking around much more comfortable.

I have to say I was getting some very strange looks today, walking around in boots with 4 inch stilletto heels while at the same time being off work with abdominal pain...!!!

Oh yeah...I probably should have said beforehand..........I seem to have developped a tendancy to ramble on a bit about random topics lately, one such ramble involved an idea for an ambulance design. This involved a hovercraft design with a siren attachment to stop it hurting when travelling to the hospital. As anyone who has ever been in the back of an ambulance will know that they are the most uncomfortable mode of transport ever, you end up getting battered and bruised on the way to the hospital, as you get thrown around with every little bump on the road.

2 comments:

  1. Hi there.

    I have been following your blog. Well done to you and Patrick and I hope you start to feel better real soon. I will be doing IVF early next year so this will be a great help to me.

    I hope all is ok as you haven't posted in a while.

    My husband and I look forward to reading future posts and to hearing how things are going for you.

    Special thoughts,

    Linda and Rob

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Linda and Rob,

    Thank you for this and best wishes for your upcoming IVF cycle, contact me at any time and I hope you will keep me updated on how it is going for you.

    I haven't been able to post as I have spent quite a lot of time in hospital recently, but hopefully that's all finished for now.

    Kind Regards,

    Anne-Marie

    ReplyDelete