Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Update

I am feeling extremely physically, emotionally and mentally drained from the events of the past few days... so I wont go into too much detail right now.

They are going to operate next Tuesday. Basically... the only way to solve the problem is a full hysterectomy, but this surgery... if it all goes well.... will buy us some time... somewhere between one and three years.

They have also said that in order to try and support a pregnancy after the surgery, I would have to go on long term, high dose steroids.......... not very happy at that prospect, but I guess the main thing now is to get this operation over with and allow myself (once again) some time to recover before making a decision on where to go from here.

That's all the news for now really, I suppose I will spend the next few days (and probably the rest of my life) trying to figure out how we have arrived at this point................

No comments:

Post a Comment