Saturday, October 1, 2011

I Am Such A Worry-Wart...!!!

I had some more bleeding this evening, so I rang Clonmel hospital and they said to come straight down.

They did an ultra sound scan which didn't show anything, so they then did a transvaginal scan which showed definite 'occupancy of my womb' but the scanning machine was not strong enough to give a clear picture of how many embryos are in there.

They also did a urine pregnancy test which turned positive straight away, and they took some blood to check the HCG Levels, so we will have those results on Monday.

I know some bleeding in early pregnancy is probably nothing to worry about but gosh, with our history...any amount of bleeding causes pure panic and thoughts that the worst is happening again.

Right now, We are so elated that I am still pregnant, every time that we have gone to the hospital with bleeding before...we have come home with bad news...but not this time.

I know it is just a small step, but for us it is a huge leap...it is like all of our Christmasses have come together...!!!

1 comment:

  1. Hi,
    I have been following your blog for a while now. I too am attending the Cork Fertility Clinic for IUI. Our first one was unseccessful but reading your blog has helped me along the way. I see that you're pregnant at the moment and although i dont know you, I am so happy for you. you really deserve some happiness

    ReplyDelete