Saturday, September 17, 2011

The State of P.U.P.O

I am currently in the increasingly familiar state of being Pregnant Until Proven Otherwise.

I am still quite sore today and feel like I have a lot of bruising from the procedure yesterday. I am also developing a lot of horrid bruises on my stomach from the daily Innohep injections that I started yesterday, along with  NuSeal Aspirin, both of which are supposed to thin my blood and prevent clots in the hope of decreasing the chances of miscarriage.

I am also taking six lots of Fematab Hormones in tablet form every day and two lots of Cyclogest Progesterone Pessaries every day, both of which are designed to make my womb lining very thick and hopefully a snug place for the embryos to latch on to.

I've finished the course of Oxytetracycline today, which was four times a day for 5 days and its purpose is to prevent infection before, during and after the Transfer.
I also finished the course of Medrone today, which is also Progestrone based and its purpose is to prevent a build-up of estrogen in the womb.

I have to continue with the full dose of Fematab, Cyclogest, Innohep and NuSeal Aspirin for the next few weeks and possibly up to week 14 of pregnancy (all going well)...!!!

For now though, it is sleepy time for me. I'm still collecting 'Sticky Thoughts' so keep sending them my way for the next 24 hours please.

Nighty Night.xx.

No comments:

Post a Comment